Friday, June 22, 2012

BlogPaws 2012 - Day 1

Photo by Bztat
I arrived at Salt Lake City on Thursday afternoon and rode to the hotel in a shuttle completely filled with pet bloggers. I walked into the lobby and was greeted by lots of other blogger buddies and found my roommate @BoSoxAmy. We checked into our room and took a little time to get settled.

Amy and I later met up with @Bztat, @Kat_and_dogs, and @Average_Jane, and then we took a walk to find a pet-friendly restaurant. After a bit of wandering in the 90+ degree heat, we found a great local place called the Green Pig Pub.

Our waitress was extremely helpful and friendly, and when she found out we were pet bloggers, she told us all about her new kitten. Later her mother (the owner) stopped by and told us about her Golden Retriever, who comes to work with her everyday. We made sure to tweet the other conference attendees to let them know that the Green Pig Pub was a great place to relax and enjoy a few brews.

Then we made our way back to the hotel in time for the conference opening featuring Tillman the Skateboarding Dog and Norman the Scooter Dog. Afterward, we attended the welcome reception to meet up with more friends and listened to a presentation on Reading and Writing Insights by Trone Brand Energy. I called it an early night knowing that I had to be up early for a super-secret assignment.

The next morning, we heard the keynote address by Betsy Saul, co-founder of Petfinder.com. Betsy made a thought-provoking presentation on the history of animal welfare and the exciting new direction that Petfinder will be taking, which was briefly interrupted by a flash mob of about 30 pet bloggers (including me) dancing to "I'm Too Sexy" with our flat pets!



Tune in tomorrow for more fun and games (and maybe some learning) at BlogPaws 2012!

Video via Mousebreath.com

6 comments:

  1. That sounds (and looks) like so much fun! I'm looking forward to hearing more about BlogPaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have joined in the fun! See you in 2013 in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see you! I can't believe I'm rooming with my idol BunnyJean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy!! That would have been so fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FaRAdaY: *confused look* why did mommy run screaming out of the room when she saw the words "flash mob"...? (MOL - long story!)

    Looks like you guys had FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flash flat pet mob was fun. We didn't stay in the hotel so it is neat to hear that perspective.

    ReplyDelete