Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 10 Posts of 2012

Today marks the third anniversary of Bunny’s Blog.

The blog originally began as an extension of Follow Friday with Bunny highlighting various friends and anipals that she followed on Twitter. About six months after starting the blog, I realized Bunny's health was failing, and I needed to address the issue of whether I would continue the blog after she was gone, and if so, whose voice I would use.

I decided to continue the blog, but write in my own voice, so I began transitioning in September 2010. At first, I wrote the posts, and Bunny continued to respond to the comments. But eventually I transitioned fully so that by the time Bunny passed away in June 2011 I was writing the posts and responding to comments in my own voice.

Over time, Bunny’s Blog has evolved into focusing on animals and animal-related causes. I suppose that has something to do with my own personal experience of working for various nonprofit organizations for 17 years, as well as my life-long love of animals.

I feel the blog has matured over the past year. I am no longer struggling with many of the issues I have dealt with in the past, and as a result, I wrote many more posts than in the previous two years. I’ve found my voice and my niche, and that has helped me identify the types of posts I want to share.

In the past year, I also worked with GloGirly Design to do an “extreme blog makeover”. Bunny’s Blog is dedicated TO my rabbit, but not ABOUT my rabbit. I think the new design maintains the look and feel of “bunniness” without being specifically about my bunny. There is also a new avatar to match the design since I still use BJC’s twitter account to post, share links, and tweet when I DJ for nipclub and blogpawties.

I will be participating in the third annual Pet Bloggers Challenge on January 10, so I will discuss more changes and challenges during the past year, as well as plans for the coming year, in that post.

So without further ado, here are the Top 10 Posts of 2012:

  1. ASPCA Rescues Animal Victims of Hurricane Sandy 
  2. Husband Surprises Wife with Pet Adoption Center 
  3. Black Lab Acts as Guide Dog for Blind Golden Retriever 
  4. The Truth about Cats and Toxoplasmosis 
  5. The Rescue of the Shopping Cart Bunnies 
  6. Dying Man Wishes to be With His Dog 
  7. The Miraculous Rescue of Jar Kitty 
  8. Pets Prefer to Pick Their Own Music 
  9. Frugal Dougal Crosses the Rainbow Bridge 
  10. Rabbit Awareness Week 2012 

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. What a great list!! I have read some of these and now I'm going to read the others! Thanks for your great list and for your awesome blog posts! Here's to a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!lets hope its a good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your new look dear friend and you do a great blog and great service to so many. I'm so happy you are staying on the same path for the coming year. You made a tough transition - one I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to do, but you succeeded and did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Happy New Year! All the best in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you continued! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dogs behind my blog have since passed, too, but I continue the blog as their legacy. You've done Bunny proud.

    ReplyDelete